Saturday, October 15, 2011

One

Sitting in the dark
on cold brick steps
sitting in the dark
in empty silence
the night breathes
in and out
its trembling breath

Flickering through
the dark green canopy above
is the moon
of the fall
through the leaves
the moon is winking at me
from her empty core of secrets

She is blue white
she is full and hollow

The silence of the night
echos the empty silence
within me
We listen to one another
for whispered awareness
the longing recognition
of sighing persistence

I breathe out
myself into the
moon-cast shadows

In every breath
I pour out countless
molecules of me

Every breath in
is breathing the cosmos into my lungs
and all that exist before it

Every breath in carries the taste of eternity
all that is less than me and more

I am less than dust
awaiting rapturous fulfillment in nothing
into one




No comments:

Post a Comment