Friday, February 22, 2013

Saturday Lent One


“…See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse: the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the LORD your God that I am commanding you today; and the curse, if you do not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn from the way that I am commanding you today, to follow other gods that you have not known.”
Deuteronomy 11:18-28, Saturday Lent One, Morning Prayer, the Daily Office, Year One.

To know the blessings of love’s joy, I must continually push myself to be vulnerable to compassion. The more available I am to loving, the greater the blessing of love’s experience. To experience the curse of a life absent of joy, I need only close and harden my heart; I need only withdraw from the loving that is the fullest expression of being fully human, God’s great gift. 




No comments:

Post a Comment