Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Lent Five


“Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart.”
Jeremiah 29, Friday Easter Five, the Reading, Morning Prayer, the Daily Office, Year One

I pray the Office, I pray in community, I pray for the needs of others, I pray as most people who pray, and I pray contemplative prayer, the prayer which seeks the deep silence of God’s presence. Contemplative prayer is a form of meditation which seeks fullness of God’s presence in the moment.

For me and my community the focus of our contemplative prayer is compassion, seeking out God’s compassion within ourselves, within the sanctuary of the heart, in order to better align the whole persona in balance of spirit, heart, mind and body, all to better realize the compassionate nature of Christ in ourselves, and so to better approach creation with open hearts, open minds and open hands, all open to receiving and giving. When our hearts and minds are open to Christ’s spirit then we are inclined to search out Christ in all, and if with our hearts we are searching out Christ, we will find Christ wherever the search leads us, for as the greater parts of our hearts become committed to our relationship with God, the more we find the space around us to be the Holy and Sacred.We become the New Creation transformed by Christ’s love, with new eyes to see God before us. 

Wherever our eyes fall, they fall on the vision of God and onto God’s invitation to live in compassionate relationship with whomever our eyes come to rest on. Where are your eyes leading you? Where are your heart and eyes inviting you to live your vision of compassion?




No comments:

Post a Comment