Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday Lent Three


“Gather up your bundle from the ground, O you who live under siege! For thus says the LORD: I am going to sling out the inhabitants of the land at this time, and I will bring distress on them, so that they shall feel it. Woe is me because of my hurt! My wound is severe. But I said, "Truly this is my punishment, and I must bear it.”
Jeremiah 10, Thursday Lent Three, the Reading, the Daily Office Book, Year One

There are times when I do feel under siege, mentally, physically, emotionally or spiritually. Sometimes the demands of living, and living well are seemingly too much. The demands of work, family and community seem to at times collide as the perfect storm. If I add to that the times during which I’m doing significant inner-work, the wound does feel severe. And at times the suffering is severe if I am in process of letting go of those hurts which inhabit me, my heart and my psyche. I’m not going to kid you, there are time when I’m so depressed I don’t want to get out of bed or leave my home. In the same honesty I must share that in these times “I must bear it.” Simply bear it and get up, “gather up (my) bundle” and just show up, be in my community, be in my parish for fellowship and worship, be with friends or family, the ones I trust and know who love me, I must make myself available to their influence. I must go to counseling. I must pray, if nothing else, in silence. I must do whatever it takes to find healing, to let go of my concerns and be open and vulnerable to the little miracles of a loving touch, a smile, a hug, ears and hearts open and willing to hear me, and maybe someone needs me to hear them. Simply, I must trust God will act, within me and through those who love me, for my healing.

Don't despair
my friend

Return
your heart
to light

Again
again
and again

The choice
always
remains

I too
have been
in very
dark places

Turns out
they were
advent
wombs
and
resurrection
tombs

“Poem Sixty”, The Restoration Café, copyright 2010, Br. John Magdalene Agel, SJC








No comments:

Post a Comment