Saturday, March 2, 2013

Saturday Lent Two


“I placed the sand as a boundary for the sea, a perpetual barrier that it cannot pass; though the waves toss, they cannot prevail, though they roar, they cannot pass over it. But this people has a stubborn and rebellious heart; they have turned aside and gone away. They do not say in their hearts, ‘Let us fear the LORD our God, who gives the rain in its season, the autumn rain and the spring rain, and keeps for us the weeks appointed for the harvest."
Jeremiah 5, Saturday Lent Two, the Reading, the Daily Office Book, Year One

Can I trust that God has placed a barrier against all the threats of life as represented in this reading as the sea? Not always and yet, here I am. I don’t always glide on the sea of life with fair winds and a following seas. I have been through tempests of all kinds, who hasn't  and yet we remain. I do turn aside and go astray failing to trust God’s love, failing to trust in the abilities of my own and in the support of companions. Yet, here I am. Here we are, we remain growing in love. But all things are working in the time and function of creation, whether we fear them, or trust and engage in them. In the end, come the harvest which we will all know, our trusting love will be returned with fullness of being, with full hearts and with minds at peace, in the realization of our eternal lives freed into the abundance of the life eternal, we remain in God’s love. 




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the gift of this meditation.
    JP

    ReplyDelete